Starman

Saturday, February 14, 2009


Starman

Aka : John Carpenter's Starman

Story : Having accepted an invitation to visit Earth (sent in the one of the Voyager space probes in the 1970s) an alien receives a rude reception when his ship is fired upon and disabled. He has only three days to get to the giant crater near Winslow, AZ where he will be rescued or else he will die. Taking human form, he seeks the assistance of the recently widowed Jenny Hayden. Initially terrified, she comes to care for the alien visitor. All the while, government agents seek to track them down

Video Distributor : RCA Columbia

Year : 1985

Running time : 111 minutes

Actors : Jeff Bridges, Karen Allen, Charles Martin Smith, Richard Jaeckel

Director : John Carpenter

1 comments:

Anonymous February 14, 2009 at 1:39 PM  

Speaking of Karen Allen, I wrote an unsolicited script for a Starman sequel back in 1998. It was my first script and I quit college to finish it. It’s been gathering dust ever since. I sent it to Jeff Bridges and John carpenter, although I would prefer if Carpenter didn’t direct a sequel. I wrote some good f/x sequences and some interesting characters. I’m pretty sure I’ll never be involved, but I’d to see the f/x scene from the beach being incorporated, (Jeff’s manager Neil will know the one, totally plagiarised from another movie, but it would look great on film today). If anyone has any questions, email me at hansenfilm@yahoo.ie and I’ll answer them. (Although I won’t give away any plot points. And yes there is a son and indeed, I actually have the perfect casting suggestion!!

  © Free Blogger Templates Nightingale by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP